COVID-19 + Visitation Policy Update
Updated: Friday, May 6 | 12:30 p.m.
The WindsorMeade Management Team continues to monitor the COVID-19 infection rates in the surrounding community and based on changes in our community, may alter visitation policies to protect the health and safety of our residents and team members.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our residents, team members, their families, visitors, and volunteers have been our paramount concern.
Our COVID-19 Preparedness Team is working closely with the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) and their numerous health partners as they track the emergence of the newest COVID-19 variant known as Omicron. Early indications from health department officials are that the potential impact of the virus is low because of the precautions already in place at all Pinnacle Living communities throughout Virginia. As a reminder, all of our team members and nearly all of our residents have been fully vaccinated since the fall of 2021.
We ask that all visitors to our communities check in with one of our team members upon arrival to complete a basic screening. In addition:
- Masks are required in common spaces for all visitors and team members.
- Vaccinated visitors are welcome to dine with residents. Please honor table spacing as it is designed to reduce risk. Visitors should only remove masks once seated at the dining table.
For residents who leave our communities for family visits, gatherings, or other travel, be aware that screening and/or rapid testing may be necessary upon your return.
For residents, if you become aware that you have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please notify the appropriate team member.
Team members should notify their immediate supervisor.
If you have been exposed to COVID-19, please acquire an N95 mask from the receptionist/concierge desk, clinic, or clinical team leader; do not wear fabric face masks if you have potentially been exposed.
Whether you are receiving visitors or traveling to visit with family and loved ones away from WindsorMeade here are some preventative measures you can practice to guard your health and safety:
- Wear a mask when in public indoor spaces.
- Wash and sanitize your hands often, including before and after preparing food.
- Continue to practice physical distancing.
- Get your booster vaccine when you are eligible.
- Gather outside, or in well-ventilated areas.
- Stay at home and get tested if you’re experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact WindsorMeade’s Executive Director.
WindsorMeade and Pinnacle Living have provided regular updates since the beginning of the COVID-19 Pandemic.