Construction Update – July 28, 2017
July 28, 2017
- Installation of gutters and down spouts is now complete.
- Exterior lights have been installed and currently are being tested and adjusted.
- Placement of topsoil is complete.
- Repair of damaged areas of sidewalks is currently underway.
- Planting has been delayed until early fall because the weather is too oppressive for planting at this time.
Hadley House’s Gathering Room renovation is in full swing now. Construction should take about a month.
Dominion VA Power will soon begin to connect the electric service to the pump house. The final touches to the pump house’s exterior will begin next week.
Renovation of the Hadley House living room, sun room and den is scheduled to begin around September 1.That construction will require the nurse’s station to be relocated.
Manchester House’s kitchen awaits scheduled inspection by James City County officials.
The Activities Room and the newly-renovated Health Services Beauty Salon now is scheduled to re-open on September 1. Until then, beauty services will continue to be available in the Beauty Salon on the first floor, where hours have been extended.
Please use the Abingdon Neighborhood laundry room while Hadley House laundry room is unavailable.
Team Member Updates
We are pleased to announce an Assistant Director of Nursing has been hired for Hadley House and will begin orientation on August 1. A memo will be distributed next week containing more information.
We are currently recruiting for a part-time Chef to work in our Manchester House.
Monthly Expansion Update Meetings
The next monthly expansion meeting is scheduled for August 14 at 9:30 am in the Kensington Room.