MOVING FORWARD: WINDSORMEADE'S PHASE 1 PLAN FOR COVID-19 RESTRICTION REDUCTIONS
Dan Nimon, Pinnacle Living V/P of Strategic Growth and New Business Development will continue to serve as the Interim Executive Director during our Executive Director, Marilyn Gray’s absence. Marilyn is scheduled to return to WindsorMeade on August 12, 2020. If you are interested in making an appointment with Dan, please call Debbie Otto at 941-3601. Dan’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are very pleased that through the coordinated, although at times challenging, efforts of both residents and staff, WindsorMeade continues to remain free of active COVID-19 cases. On behalf of all of us at WindsorMeade, we want to thank you for the daily sacrifices you all are making to protect the health of all of your neighbors.
Please note that our reopening plans have been customized to ensure the health and safety of our residents and team members. It is a fluid plan that is subject to change over time.
Maintenance and housekeeping team members will continue to use personal protection equipment when inside your residence. All residents should wear a mask when team members are performing tasks inside your home. Thank you for your understanding and support.
The renovation project remains on schedule. We anticipate opening these renovated spaces prior to Labor Day. Work is simultaneously being performed in our new multi-purpose room (old pharmacy space) and the main entrance to the Fitness Center.
As we navigate the reopening of interior spaces for gatherings, we thank you for your continued patience. Our biggest challenge is timely disinfection of these spaces before and immediately following a scheduled event. We still have team members out of work due to coronavirus and/or medical conditions. Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for your kind words to our team members. They continue to work diligently despite the extreme high temperatures and weather conditions recently.
A few notes:
- Dining team members are placing your deliveries to the side of your door and ringing your doorbell.
- Please stay inside until the team member leaves so we can maintain distance.
- Some residents have placed coolers outside for meal deliveries. This is very helpful in maintaining food temperatures. Please make sure your cooler is large enough to hold the delivery bag.
- You can order your groceries and theme dinners a day in advance. New wine selections are coming soon on the WM grocery list.
- Menus are posted on Touchtown.
The Dining Committee and WM Dining team have been working together on our reopening plan. We are developing new menus, new systems, and we are training our team to safely navigate our reopening. We appreciate everyone’s input and look forward to safely seeing everyone soon!!!!
Fitness Center: The newly renovated Fitness Center is buzzing with excitement while COVID-19 physical distancing and proper sanitation measures remain in place. Beginning Monday, July 27, hourly Fitness Studio appointments will be available 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Monday – Friday. Call 941-3662 to make your appointment. Fitness Studio appointments include:
- Cardio equipment 9 a.m.-3 p.m. M-F
- eGym 11 a.m.-3 p.m. M-F
- Onboarding eGym available 9:30 a.m. M-F
In keeping with our well-developed physical distancing practices, each hour will be limited to three residents. Residents may schedule two weekly appointments ~ one week at a time. Please note ~ availability of eGym strength equipment will increase as the demand for onboarding decreases.
Pool: Pool appointments are running smoothly. Please call 941-3662 for your appointment. PPE/screening will take place upon entry. Locker rooms will remain closed until further notice ~ so please plan accordingly.
The Spiritual Life Committee has been a great support to Pastor Randy! Beginning in August, Pastor Randy will offer 4 p.m. worship services in the Kensington Room on Wednesdays and Sundays. The same message will be offered at each service. If you are interested in attending, please leave a message for Randy at 941-3619 or email email@example.com. These shorter services are limited to ten participants. If needed for accommodation, additional services will be added. We thank you for your patience as we provide this important opportunity.
The Lifestyles team would like to thank you for your kind notes and continued support! Please remember these plans are subject to change.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to be of major national concern for the health and safety of people across the country. We have been fortunate to remain COVID-19 free in our Healthcare areas. Recently an Independent Living team member tested positive for COVID-19. The team member was immediately quarantined at their home and all contacts were notified, quarantined, and given a COVID-19 test. Thankfully, there were no additional positive cases related to this exposure.
We are seeing a large increase in COVID-19 positive cases here in our local James City County/Williamsburg area. Hospitalizations related to COVID-19 are also increasing. For this reason, it is imperative that we continue to follow all safety guidelines published by the CDC and VDH including face coverings, social distancing, handwashing, and cleaning/disinfecting all common areas. WindsorMeade’s Independent Living phasing plan continues to be dependent on the local trends of COVID-19 in the surrounding community and on campus.
Requests continue to be received from residents regarding family visitation on campus. As has been the practice since the COVID-19 inception, we are not able to permit social visits, however medically related visits will continue to be reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis. Please continue to contact the clinic nursing team with questions or concerns regarding quarantine, visitation, or other health concerns.
Bedford Terrace: Abingdon, Manchester, and Hadley:
All residents and team members of Bedford Terrace have completed three consecutive weeks of COVID-19 testing per the reopening guidelines published by the Virginia Department of Health (VDH). We are very happy to report that ALL test results have been and continue to be negative. We continue to work through the requirements needed for us to enter Phase 1 of our reopening plan. In Phase 1, restrictions for residents in households will be lightened, allowing residents to move around freely and engage with other residents in the neighborhood. Family visits will not be reimplemented until Phase 3 of reopening. Additionally, specific criteria outlined by VDH will need to be met as we move forward through each phase. Visitation booth visits, FaceTime and Zoom calls will continue to progress though the phases. A 14-day quarantine for medical visits, procedures, hospitalizations, and ER visits will continue at this time. We thank all residents and family members for your continued support, encouragement, patience, and understanding as we progress through these important phases.
You play a very important role in this process and its success. Please adhere to recommended best practices related to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are relying on you to wear a mask, practice physical distancing, wash your hands frequently, avoid touching your face, cough/sneeze into a tissue, and clean/disinfect frequently. You are encouraged to have consideration for your neighbors and continue to incorporate these safety measures in your daily routine. All community members look forward to future social gatherings. The goal is to arrive safely together.
Should you have questions, please feel free to contact a member of our leadership team. As always, we ask that you reach out to a medical team member at the first sign of a medical need or potential symptom of the virus such as fever, dry cough, fatigue, shortness of breath, sore throat and diarrhea.
In addition, we will continue 14-day quarantines following hospital stays, medical procedures/tests, and out of town travel. If you are aware of a neighbor who needs assistance, please share that information. Be advised, the WindsorMeade reopening plan is contingent upon the Governor’s guidance and the impact of COVID-19 on our community.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and assistance with helping our community return to normal operations.
PHYSICAL DISTANCING + SAFETY RESTRICTIONS
PINNACLE LIVING RESIDENTS:
- Except for select dining areas in health services, all dining venues are closed
- Each community has implemented meal-delivery service with limited menus
EVENTS, PROGRAMS, AND ACTIVITIES
- All programs are canceled
- Team members continue to work with residents to create self-directed programs for those who are interested
- All fitness, wellness, creative arts and library spaces are closed
- Housekeeping services for Independent Living apartments, cottages, and villas will be suspended until further notice
- Housekeeping services for Assisted Living, Memory Support, and Health Care will be modified as needed in each community
- Team members will be focused on sanitizing high traffic and community areas, particularly those in health services
CLINIC VISITS, MEDICAL APPOINTMENTS, AND PHYSICAL THERAPY SERVICES
- If your community has a clinic or clinic hours, all routine medical services will be canceled
- If you are ill and need support from our health services team, please follow community procedures and contact the appropriate nursing team member, who will work with you to determine the best course of action over the phone
- Should you have a routine or scheduled medical appointment outside of the community, please contact your provider — many providers are currently deferring these visits. If your physician offers a telehealth visit and you need assistance to make that possible, do not hesitate to contact the community health services team.
- All medical transportation provided by the communities will be suspended until further notice, unless authorized by the Executive Director
- Please call Physical Therapy to confirm appointments as schedules are being adjusted to meet our cleaning guidelines
REMINDER FOR TEAM MEMBERS:
- Please practice physical distancing when not at work and use proper precautions while interacting with residents and fellow team members
- If you are ill, please reach out to your supervisor, and do not come to work
- Pinnacle Living policies have been adjusted to address absences related to COVID-19
- If you have family members and friends who reside with you who are experiencing any cold or flu-like symptoms, please communicate this to your immediate supervisor
- We will continue screening all team members before they begin each shift
- Please report to your assigned supervisor, in a designated area, 15 minutes prior to the start of your shift
- Remember to wash your hands regularly, use hand sanitizer when appropriate and wipe down work areas regularly
A REMINDER FOR OUR GUESTS, VISITORS, FAMILY MEMBERS, VENDORS, CONTRACTORS, AND VOLUNTEERS:
- No outside visitors or guests will be permitted to enter our communities
- We encourage you to stay connected with your loved ones via phone, video conferencing, email, social media, and other means
- Visitors will be permitted, with the approval of the community Executive Director, when the visitor is a family member, close friend, or other individual who is essential for a resident’s wellbeing and care
- All approved visitors will be actively screened using a series of questions upon each visit
- If approved, visitors may be required to use personal protective equipment (PPE), such as a facemask, disposable gown and gloves
- Our teams are working with contractors and vendors to assess those who may need to work in occupied portions of our buildings
- Work will continue in all areas where we can separate construction and work areas from resident occupied spaces
Please continue practicing good personal hygiene and infection control by washing your hands and using hand sanitizer, wiping down high traffic work and personal areas and covering your mouth when you cough and sneeze. Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth. Please also remember to practice “physical distancing” of not less than six feet from people.
These precautions continue to be necessary, and we ask for cooperation, support, and understanding as we respond to this rapidly evolving situation. These restrictions will be in place until additional guidance is provided by health authorities. As additional information develops, Pinnacle Living may revise these protocols as warranted.